Game Wear Information
About our Game Wear
- RAYHA approved game-quality jersey sets and game socks are required at the Squirt/10U levels and higher.
- Jerseys and socks are made by K1 at their facility in Cloquet, MN.
- Dave's Sport Shop is our approved merchant for jerseys and socks.
- Parents/players own their jerseys and socks.
- Numbers assigned to a player will stay with that player throughout their time with RAYHA.
- No names are placed on the back of jerseys, both in RAYHA and in the Roseville-St. Paul Girls Co-Op.
- Players can wear their jersey until they need replacing or until the association redesigns the jerseys.
- New game socks are re-issued at the start of each season. You have the option to purchase additional pairs of game socks.
Jersey Guidelines for New and Returning Players
Players will be furnished with one jersey. Numbers will be assigned by the coach or the team manager. Proper care of the jersey is your responsibility and you are responsible for replacement costs due to damage, loss, theft or misuse. You are not required to return the jersey.
The required jerseys for this level will be determined by the Mite 4 Director. Following tryouts and the formation of the Mite 4 team(s), the Mite 4 Director will provide information on the purchase of jerseys.
10U/Squirt, 12U/Pee Wee, 14U/Bantam, and 15U
Players entering their first year at 10U/Squirt or entering into the association at any of these levels are required to purchase a set of game jerseys – Home (White) and Away (Black). Refer to the jersey number rotation table in the next section for information on choosing your jersey number. The number assigned will remain with the player throughout their time with RAYHA.
Jerseys for the Junior Gold team are handled by the Junior Gold coach.
- Applies only to Squirt/10U and higher levels.
- Players will receive one new set of game socks each season. The cost is included in your registration fee.
- Select the size that your player will need for that season at registration.
- Parents/players have the option to purchase additional pairs of game socks at registration.
- Should you require a new set of game socks during the season, they can be purchased from the association by contacting the Equipment Director.
- It is highly recommended that game socks be worn only for games and not practice.
Jersey Number Selection
- Applies only to Squirt/10U and higher levels.
- Players will choose number options based upon their level.
- Assigned numbers are alternated each year between even and odd to insure against duplicity.
- Numbers are assigned on a first registered, first assigned basis.
- The number assigned will remain the player's number throughout their continuous time with RAYHA.
- A player's number will be forfeited and will be made available for reassignment if they leave RAYHA.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY - Please remember - and remind your player - that they make the number, the number does not make them!
2020/21 Season Number Rotation
Squirt/10U - First Year
June 1, 2010 - May 31, 2011
Squirt/10U - Second Year
June 1, 2009 – May 31, 2010
Peewee/12U - First Year
June 1, 2008 - May 31, 2009
Peewee/12U - Second Year
June 1, 2007 - May 31, 2008
Bantam/15U - First Year
June 1, 2006 - May 31, 2007
Bantam/15U - Second Year
June 1, 2005 - May 31, 2006
June 1, 2001 - May 31, 2005
Proper care of the jerseys is your responsibility and you are responsible for replacement costs due to outgrowing the jersey, damage, loss, theft or misuse. Players needing a replacement jersey, for any of these reasons, can purchase their replacement(s) at registration. Contact the Equipment Director for any replacement purchase needed outside of the registration window. Players must retain their assigned jersey number. Game jerseys shall not be worn for practice.
To get the maximum life out of your jerseys follow these simple tips:
- Dry and Store Properly: Not only is it a bad idea to leave your jersey in your equipment bag, it's unsanitary. Remove your jersey (and all other equipment for that matter) from your bag as soon as you arrive home from playing to dry and to prevent, or at least limit, bacterial growth. Air dry your jersey by hanging it up. Once it's dry, fold it up or hang it in a garment bag (recommended).
- Washing: To wash, turn your jersey inside-out and wash it in cold water with mild detergent and air dry.
Fitting and Sizing - Jerseys and Game Socks
Due to the challenges presented this season and to insure the health and safety of players, parents and board members, RAYHA will not be holding any jersey or game sock try-on sessions. There are, however, alternative steps that you can take to make sure you select the correct jersey size for your player.
- We encourage you to utilize a sibling’s or a friend's jersey/game sock as a reference. This should be done using a RAYHA or Co-Op jersey/game sock from a past season. We do encourage you to try to locate a K1 branded jersey/game sock. While sizing is similar, there might be slight differences between brands.
- If you don’t have access to a sibling’s or friend's jersey/game sock for reference, refer to the size charts below. Remember to have your player wear their chest pad and elbow pads when measuring for the jersey; and their shin guards when measuring for game socks.
Jersey Sizing Charts - Standard (Skater) and Goalie
Standard (Skater) Jersey Sizes
Goalie Jersey Sizes
Game Sock Sizing
Finding Your Sock Size
You can determine the size you need by measuring the length of your leg. Use a fabric measuring tape or tape measure to measure the distance between your ankle bone and the middle of your thigh. If you find that your measurement places you in-between sizes, it is recommended that you choose the larger size. Remember to account for the size of your player's shin guards when choosing your game sock size.
RAYHA Equipment Director