Welcome to the Manager's Corner
This is your Corner of the website. Please check back often to this site as it will be updated frequently.
Each RAYHA Player should fill out the two forms below: USA Code of Conduct and Consent to Treat.
6 Steps to Becoming Team Manager
Once teams have been formed and Team Managers have been identified, Team Managers must complete the following steps prior to taking over the team management responsibilities:
1. Register with USA Hockey as a Team Manager/Volunteer. The registration fee is waived for off-ice volunteers. (https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action).
2. If you have not already done so, you must become a member of the RAYHA NGIN website so that you can be given team page permissions for scheduling, etc. E-mail Lissa Keeley and she will grant you access to your teams webpage.
3. If you are a new team manager for the 2022-2023 Season, you must complete a Background Screening Form with Minnesota Hockey. (http://screening.minnesotahockey.org/) You will receive a confirmation that your screening form is complete.
4. Complete the SafeSport training.
5. Forward your confirmations to Lisa Keeley: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Attend the mandatory District 2 Coaches’ & Managers’ Meeting for your level. See the dates/levels listed on the front page of the website.
6. Attend the RAYHA Managers’ meeting.
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan ahead - get your parents signed up to work the scheduled games - put it on the team schedule so there is no confusion.
- HOME team is responsible for providing a resource to run the clock.
- VISITING team brings the Scorebook and keeps it.
- VISITING team is also responsible for having a resource to work the penalty box.
- ONLY volunteers are allowed in the scorekeepers/penalty box area.
- ALL games need a Locker room attendant
Below is a sample document that can be used for assigning duties. Sign-up Genius is also another free tool that can be used.
- D2 Hockey will provide all Managers with a Scorebook.
- On Game Days, the Visiting Team always provides the Scorebook
- The Winning Team reports the score via the D2 Website on-line scoring. In addition, if you are managing a Girls team, you must also mail the original to the D2 Girls Director (see below).
- In order to have access priviledges to the D2 on-line scoring, you MUST register.
- Distribute the completed Official Score Sheets after the game to:
- Winning Team - Copy 1
- Referee - Copy 2
- Home Team - Copy 3
- Visiting Team - Copy 4
- It is the responsibility of the winning team to report /mail the game results to your level's D2 Coordinator.
Girls teams send your ORIGINAL scoresheets (White Copies) within 48 hours of game date to:
2381 Edgerton Street
Little Canada, MN 55117
Team Locker Room Monitors
A GENDER APPROPRIATE locker room monitor MUST be in the vicinity of the locker room AT ALL TIMES --INCLUDING during pre/post game coach's meetings with the players.
All TEAM LOCKER ROOM MONITORS must be registered with USA Hockey, submit a MN Hockey Background Screening and Consent Form as well as completing SafeSport training. Forms are completed and submitted ELECTRONICALLY through MN Hockey.
*See link and instructions at the top of this page.
LR Monitor's Specific Duties Include:
1. Responsibility for locker room security, including allowing only team- authorized persons to enter the room and locking the room when the team is on the ice. Responsible for the locker room key during on-ice activity.
2. Collecting and safeguarding any cell phones or other recording devices brought by players.
3. Being in the locker room at all times when a coach is in the room with a single player
See the document below for a more detailed description.