RAYHA ICE SCHEDULER
Person is appointed into this position by the current voting board members.
Major Role: The Ice Scheduler is responsible for the procurement of ice time from local facilities to support operation of the association, for developing policy on the use and allocation of the ice (subject to Board approval), and for maintaining a positive relationship with the management of the local ice facilities and officials. As an appointed position by the RAYHA Board of Directors, you are a representative of the general hockey public, working in the best interest of the entire youth organization on behalf of the association’s board. You are required to provide status, input and direction to the Board of Directors related to the area of responsibility as defined within this description.
• Negotiate and procure ice time from local rinks in support of association activities
• Attend District 2 meetings as required (i.e District Ice Scheduling meetings)
• Develop and manage the association’s ice budget
• Develop recommended policies for ice allocation to the board for approval
• Maintain positive relationship with area arena managers and officials
• Has overall responsibility for scheduling team practices and D2 games
• Review and approve invoices for the use of ice and officials
• Maintains yearly goal and use reports with touches outlined by the Board of Directors
• Partners with local hockey associations to complete ice schedule
• Creates process of returning and rescheduling ice conflicts
• Updates scheduled and posts via the association website, communicates updates
• Provide reports to the board regarding ice utilization.
o Review all practice/game schedules
o Review ice usage reports (use to budget)
• Interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and interact with many people
• Good organization and facilitation skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Self motivated and takes initiative
• Pc skills to read google sheets or excel.
• Contribute required time which may include weekends and evenings
• Required to attend association defined meetings when required
• May be required to drive to required locations, i.e. arenas, meetings, storage shed, etc.
• Personal computer with word processing capabilities/tools
• Email capability, required to maintain and interact via email on a regular basis
• Cellular phone or voicemail capability at residence
• Must provide consistent and regular communications to designated board director
• Previous Ice Scheduling experience preferred
Time needed for Position: This is a 24-month position that requires approximately 4+ hours weekly, based on the time of year and current level of activities. Requirements may jump to 10+ hours per week during peak activity times.
Check Back Later...
We are not currently accepting registrations for this program.